FINANCIAL MANAGER FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS- 01/12/2020
The Financial Manager will be directly involved in the European activities of the company, and will be mainly in charge of supporting the financial and administrative management of European projects, as well as private contracts.
The candidate will be specifically asked to execute the following tasks:
- Economic and financial management of European projects: periodic financial declarations and audits preparation.
- Institutional relationships: support to attend events and find partners (B2B, F2F and virtual meetings with potential partners or clients), explore cooperation and business opportunities, and support project proposals in which the company takes part as a partner, especially regarding economic and administrative management (adaptation of the project requirements to the company's internal procedure, project management and project timelines monitoring).
- Project implementation: advice to support negotiations and establish formal commitments, report drafting, development and execution (within and outside EU projects) of market assessment, business plans, cost analysis and operating costs, both for internal purposes and for EU projects deliverables to facilitate their exploitation and market uptake.
- Identification of economic, political and legal risks associated to the project fields, especially regarding raw materials and their trade, energy efficiency, Green Deal and new circular economy policies.
The candidate will be responsible for performing these tasks and studies in diverse and transversal sectors, aligned with the activities of current projects, and also with the European research and innovation strategy. Potential, but not exclusive domains of activities will be: renewable energies and fuels; advanced sustainable materials; novel bio-sourced products and bioeconomy development; wastes valorisation and industrial symbiosis; sustainable mobility, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings; environmental management, and climate mitigation and adaptation.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of professional experience as financial EU projects manager or in similar position. In-depth knowledge in European projects justification and audits preparation is mandatory.
- Background in EU FP7 or H2020 European programs. Experience in administrative proposals and project management.
- Excellent level of Spanish and English (C1/C2 level in both languages).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees in economic and financial field (e.g. Economics, Business Management and Administration, International Business Economics, Politics and Economy, European Project Management).
- Analytical skills towards the exploitation and promotion of research and development projects.
- Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and adaptive capabilities to different sectors.
- Ready to face new challenges, able to work under pressure and used to EU deadlines, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, flexibility, and high motivation.
- Problem-solving approach, proactive and decisive attitude.
- Full availability to travel.
- Positive work environment, with a professional team in a dynamic developing company.
- Full- time employment (40 hours per week).
- Annual contract, renewable with the guarantee of permanent contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Salary will be fixed according to qualifications and experience.